Monday, April 13, 2009

I LOVE LOVE LOVE HOTWINGS


There was one stop that I would make before even going to the house on the way home from college. It wasn't that I wanted to make a stop before going home, but it was that i HAD to make this stop. I would think about this place, imagine the smell of it, taste of it, and then get to the point where the desire for it was too much for me to bear....CRUMPYS!


So, people ask me all the time "why did you move to New York"? There are many reasons, professionally mostly, however one reason I NEVER give is "because the food is better in NYC". Call me crazy, but I will take my good old Memphis home-cooked food over this New York shee shee food any day.


I am so mad that no one ever told me about this event that I happen to find today on the web.....Southern Hotwing Contest and Festival happening this Saturday. Did you all know this festival has been going on for 7 years now? Crazy right? The cost is only $3, but I don't think that includes the cost of the wings. Check it out and let me know how it was.


Details:

7th Annual Southern Hotwing Contest and Festival
Saturday April 18, 2009
South Main Street (b/t Linden Street, St. Paul Avenue)


The 7th Annual Hotwing Contest and Festival will bring cooking teams from the Mid-South and surrounding areas to compete for the grand prize of Best Hotwing of 2009. To enter the event go to www.southernhotwingfestival.com print the team application and mail to address listed. All you need to be compete is a grill. In addition the Contest and Festival will include 9 live bands from the Memphis area throughout the event on stage, a silent auction, beverages and of course some of the best hotwings in the South. The Contest and Festival is a benefit for the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment