Monday, April 13, 2009

What is there to do in Memphis?

There are many opportunities for cultural enrichment, fun, and activity in any city, however what I hear so often is "there is nothing to do in Memphis". I am from Memphis. I grew up in Whitehaven, graduated from East High, and worked as a buyer for Catherines for a short period of time. I've had the full experience of the city. What I realize is that there is not a lack of activity in Memphis, however there is a lack of people willing to try new place, new event, and new venues in Memphis.

Working at Catherines, I learned more about what Memphis had to offer than in all my years living there. Why? Because vendors coming from New York would research restaurants, etc. and ask to be taken there. This was my big exposure to MY CITY.

I started this blog because I want to expose my fellow Memphians to YOUR CITY as well as the movers and shakers that have decided to use their Memphis training to take over the world. Welcome aboard Memphis Noir!

No comments:

Post a Comment